Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Valuable Life Lessons

Well, it's a new day and I have to say that today is definitely better than some previous days have been. I recently received a very bad blow to my heart, but I know with God I can and will survive. It's funny how life teaches you so many valuable lessons. For me though, it seems that I keep re-living the same lessons and God continues to reiterate certain points to me. If I've learned nothing else, I've learned that God is the ONLY constant thing in life. People change, they come and go, but God remains the same and He will never leave you or forsake you. I've always known this, but life has a funny way of reminding you of what's real.

I always say actions speak louder than words. You can 'tell' me anything, but I'm watching to see what you 'do'. I've also learned that sometimes your intentions don't matter in the grand scheme of things. You can intend to not hurt someone, but if you hurt them anyway, the hurt still feels the same. It doesn't hurt less to the person because you didn't intend to hurt them.

Tyler Perry, in one of his plays talked about how he seperates everyone in his life in the category of a tree. He goes on to say how some people are like the leaf of a tree - the wind blows and they're over here or over there. They're unstable, but that we shouldn't get mad at them because that's what they were put on this earth to be. They just take from the tree and give shade every once in a while. He says most people are like the leaves on the tree. Then he said some people are like a branch on a tree and that you have to be careful with those branches. He said they will get there and make you THINK they're a good friend, but as soon as you step out there on them, they'll break and leave you high and dry. But then he says that some people are like the roots at the bottom of a tree and that if you get two or three roots in your life, HOLD ON to those people because they aren't going anywhere. They don't have to be seen, no one has to know that they know you, or what they're doing for you, but if those roots weren't there, that tree couldn't live. I've been seeing who the true "roots" are in my life really are. And I've had to face the painful reality that some people that I thought were my "roots" were really just branches and it hurts.

But then I remind myself that no servant is greater than his master. If Jesus suffered, then so must I. Jesus himself was 'acquainted with grief' and he himself was betrayed by Judas, one of his very own disciples. So I tell myself that for every lesson and heartache I experience, I am getting stronger, wiser, and my faith is increasing. It's all a part of the process. So on yesterday, I shed my share of tears, but when I finished, I picked myself up, encouraged myself through the word of God, and collapsed in the loving arms of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He was there for me when nobody else was. He gave me the strength to smile inspite of the pain and I know that His plan is beyond my understanding, but that "all things (not some) work together for the good of them who love Him and are the called according to his purpose".

So I know my latter will be greater than what's been and I know that God has so much more in store for me and my life, so I am grateful to God for everything he's done, past, present, and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment